Matcha latte? Iced Matcha? Matcha shot? Plain-old brewed matcha?
Matcha, like coffee, has pretty much endless options when it comes to preparation.
We’re all for the traditional stuff, but who doesn’t enjoy a good matcha latte?
The following recipe is for a Ginger Matcha Latte. Smooth, umami-rich, and with a little healthy spice to it.
- 3 tsp Organic Matcha
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 cup hot water (follow the instructions on the matcha powder in regards to temperature)
- 3/4 cup whole milk or your preferred milk
- sift matcha into chawan
- add the ginger powder
- add the hot water and whisk (you may wish to follow these instructions)
- add hot milk and whisk
That’s it! Now we prefer our Ginger Matcha Latte without any added sweetners, but ginger can be an intense spice for some so adding your preferred sweetener can mellow out the taste. Experiment and see what your soul prefers best!
Some other matcha latte blends we’ve experimented with and were quite fond of are:
- cardamom matcha latte (this ones especially nice with coconut milk!)/ just add seeds from a few cardamom pods or 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- strawberry matcha latte/ a few crushed strawberries or about 1tbsp strawberry jam
- black sesame matcha latte/ add about 1 tbsp black sesame butter
- rose matcha latte/ add about 1 tsp rose jam or a bit of rose syrup (it’s usually quite potent and flavorful so not much is needed!)
Well, you see where we’re going with this… The variations are truly endless! What have you experimented with? Do you have any favorite recipes? Let us know in the comments below!
Share this post
Promotions, articles, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.
- 0 comment
- Tags: Green tea, japanese green tea, japanese green tea powder, japanese tea, matcha, matcha latte, matcha recipe