The famous Ya Shi Xiang Phoenix Dan Cong Oolong tea is often compared to Tie Guan Yin, the 'Iron Goddess', since both of these teas have a very prominent fragrance. However, the Ya Shi Xiang Phoenix Dan Cong is a more balanced tea, in which the fragrance doesn't dominate the taste.
When brewing this oolong we recommend using zisha gaiwan and zisha teacups together with aroma cups, to extract the full taste and aroma out of this remarkable tea.
After going through the first steep, Phoenix Dan Cong will taste fresh and sweet, with a slight gardenia aroma. With the second infusion the scent and sweetness will become more prominent, promoting the secretion of saliva. After the third infusion, it will taste mellow and full, with a long-lasting aftertaste.
• Place of Origin: Fenghuang Town, Chaozhou, Guangdong Province, China.
• Tea Type: Oolong
• Harvest Time: April 15th, 2017
• Plucking Standard: One bud with two leaves
• Dry Tea: Thick and bold strips, slightly twisted, dark green in color
• Aroma: Fragrance of gardenia flowers, fruits and milk
• Liquid: Bright golden-yellow
• Mouthfeel: Tastes mellow and sweet with a floral fragrance and delightful aftertaste.
• Tree Bush: Wuye Dan Cong (over 40 years old)
• Fermentation: Half-Fermented
• Caffeine scale: Moderate (less than 20% of a cup of coffee)
• Shelf Life: 2years
195℉ / 90℃
7gr rinse. Then 8 infusions:
10sec + 5sec each additional time