The Great Emperor of All under Heaven once asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Tell me, wise old man, is there a tea that could compare in its fragrance to a beautiful flower?
– Yes, there is, your Highness. It’s called Mi Lan Xiang Dan Cong Oolong, and it possesses an outstanding Orchid Aroma as well as the sweetness of honey. Drinking the tea is like sipping the sweet sap of Heaven.
Mi Lan Xiang Dan Cong Oolong tea, which translates as Honey Orchid Aroma, is made from the Dan Cong tea tree – famous for its ability to mimic different flavors. This Mi Lan Xiang, from the “Flower Aroma” series, is one of the most acclaimed Dan Cong teas. It possesses the fragrance of irises and orchid, as well as a honey-sweet taste. Dan Cong teas are a special type of oolong teas that grow on Phoenix (Fenghuang) mountains, in Guandong, China.
• Place of Origin: Phoenix Mountain (Fenghuang), Guandong, China
• Harvest Time: March 15, 2018
• Plucking Standard: One bud with two leaves
• Dry Leaf: Thick and bold strips, slightly twisted, very dark green color
• Aroma: Prominent honey and orchid aroma
• Taste: Lingering sweet and floral taste. Light, refreshing and smooth.
How to brew loose leaf tea, Western Method:
210℉ / 99℃
7g Rinse. Then 5sec + 5sec
for each subsequent infusion
How to brew loose leaf tea, GongFu style: