Matcha Set (PRE-ORDER)
THIS ITEM IS NOW OPEN FOR PRE-ORDERS
(DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT)
IT MAY TAKE 2-3 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY
To indulge in proper matcha drinking, we recommend using this traditional Japanese matcha set which includes all that is necessary for making your matcha right:
How to make Matcha:
• Chawan – A deep, cylindrically-shaped chawan helps you whisk the matcha by providing a good amount of room for the chasen move freely. (This movement is necessary for producing froth and dissolving the matcha powder.) Its robust shape also sits nicely in both hands.
NOTE: All our Chawan are hand-painted. Variation exist, making each one unique. The Chawan delivered may not be exactly as pictured, but will be crafted in the same style, shape, and spirit.
• Chasen – this versatile bamboo whisk can be used to prepare all varieties of matcha. Whisking is required to properly dissolve matcha and to produce its characteristic froth. Whisk in a chawan for best results.
NOTE: Tine tips will unfurl upon first use. Store with tines facing up or place on a whisk holder to protect and maintain the tines’ shape.
Care Instructions: Before first use, soak whisk in hot water for 2 minutes to unfurl tine tips. Rinse under running water, then set out to dry.
• Chashaku – a bamboo scoop which is traditionally used to measure matcha for serving and is an indispensable part of the Japanese tea ceremony. One full scoop of matcha is equivalent to roughly 1 gram.
Care Instructions: Wipe with a clean cloth. Dampen cloth if necessary.
FOR ALL OF THE ITEMS ABOVE:
• Avoid the use of detergents
• NOT dishwasher-safe
We Also Recommend
Double Walled Glass Teacup (PRE-ORDER)
This 50ml clear glass teacup is great for enjoying the color of the tea, while the double walls protect your hands from the heat.
Fengqing Gushu Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake, 2014
• Taste: sharp & fruity • Aroma: sweet fragrance • Mouthfeel: sharp & pleasantly astringent
Fengqing Raw Pu-erh Tea Brick, 2005
• Taste: woody, honey & dried fruits, pleasant bitterness • Aroma: wood & dried fruits • Mouthfeel: sharp & astringent
Fuding Shou Mei White Tea Cake, 2014
• Taste: sweet & fruity • Aroma: dry leaves & fruits • Mouthfeel: rounded & thick