Wild, Non-smoky Lapsang Souchong Black Tea (PRE-ORDER)
THIS ITEM IS NOW OPEN FOR PRE-ORDERS
(DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT)
IT MAY TAKE 2-3 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY
A young monk asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Oh my, Teacher, what is this great tea that we are drinking?!
– It’s the father of all the Red Teas – Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong. This tea comes from the famous Wuyi Mountain in Fujian, where it grows wild, covered from the harsh sun by rich forest and year-round mist. Pay respect to its rich history while enjoying its sweet taste and longans’ aroma.
Lapsang Souchong, also known as Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong, is the oldest black tea in the world. However, it differs greatly from our Organic Smoky Lapsang Souchong black tea. Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong wild black tea is not smoky at all, but instead possesses a unique sweetness and depth of flavor like no other.
Growing semi-wild in the original birthplace of black tea - the Wuyi mountains, the tea bushes enjoy year-round rich forests, heavy mist and the freshest mountain water.
Our Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong wild black tea is unique in that it holds a strong aroma of dried longans. The brew is continuously smooth, without the slightest hint of astringency. We are truly proud to carry this rare and remarkable tea. A sip alone is sure to leave a strong impression on any connoisseur.
- Place of Origin: Wuyi Mountain (elevation ~1300m), Fujian Province, China
- Harvest Time: April 7, 2019
- Plucking Standard: One bud and two leaves
- Dry Leaf: Leaves are thick, robust, tightly rolled strips
- Aroma: Pleasant longan aroma
- Taste: Strong flavor of honey and caramel with hints of sweet potato and rich mouthfeel
- Tea Bush: Wild Caicha
- Caffeine: Low
6g Rinse. Then 5sec + 5sec for each subsequent infusion
How to brew loose leaf tea, Gong Fu style:
We Also Recommend
"Seafoam" Chawan Matcha Bowl (PRE-ORDER)
A deep and wide, 355ml chawan provides enough room for the chasen to effortlessly move back and forth to produce froth and dissolve the matcha powder. Its robust shape sits nicely in both hands. The sea foam-green lacquer with white accents summons images of ocean waves lightly passing over a sandy shore.
"Silver Needle" Bai Hao Yin Zhen White Tea
• Taste: sweet, soy milk finish • Aroma: sun-dried grass • Mouthfeel: smooth & thick
"Snow & Earth" Handmade Gong Fu Teacups
Made by Janusz Jaworski from Togei Kyoshitsu. With the outside of the cup remaining unglazed, we can feel the texture of the earth, reconnection to it as we sip tea. The inside is glazed with a milky-white glaze reminiscent of the snow. The volume ranges from 30 to 45ml.
"Snow on Soil" Chawan Matcha Bowl
A deep and wide, 355ml chawan provides enough room for the chasen to effortlessly move back and forth to produce froth and dissolve the matcha powder. Its robust shape sits nicely in both hands. White streaks cover the base of rich clay, mimicking snow on a barren winter soil.