Wild, Non-smoky Lapsang Souchong Black Tea
A young monk asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Oh my, Teacher, what is this great tea that we are drinking?!
– It’s the father of all the Red Teas – Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong. This tea comes from the famous Wuyi Mountain in Fujian, where it grows wild, covered from the harsh sun by rich forest and year-round mist. Pay respect to its rich history while enjoying its sweet taste and longans’ aroma.
Lapsang Souchong, also known as Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong, is the oldest black tea in the world. However, it differs greatly from our Organic Smoky Lapsang Souchong black tea. Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong wild black tea is not smoky at all, but instead possesses a unique sweetness and depth of flavor like no other.
Growing semi-wild in the original birthplace of black tea - the Wuyi mountains, the tea bushes enjoy year-round rich forests, heavy mist and the freshest mountain water.
Our Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong wild black tea is unique in that it holds a strong aroma of dried longans. The brew is continuously smooth, without the slightest hint of astringency. We are truly proud to carry this rare and remarkable tea. A sip alone is sure to leave a strong impression on any connoisseur.
- Place of Origin: Wuyi Mountain (elevation ~1300m), Fujian Province, China
- Harvest Time: April 7, 2019
- Plucking Standard: One bud and two leaves
- Dry Leaf: Leaves are thick, robust, tightly rolled strips
- Aroma: Pleasant longan aroma
- Taste: Strong flavor of honey and caramel with hints of sweet potato and rich mouthfeel
- Tea Bush: Wild Caicha
- Caffeine: Low
6g Rinse. Then 5sec + 5sec for each subsequent infusion
How to brew loose leaf tea, Gong Fu style:
We Also Recommend
Blueberry World Herbal Tea
Perfect mix of grapes, black currant, blueberry and cornflower
Cha Hai (Gong Dao Bei) (PRE-ORDER)
Cha Hai serves to control the strength of the brew. Using Cha Hai ensures that the tea leaves do not continue to steep as they are sitting in a teapot. It is also called a ‘bowl of impartiality’, for it lets each participant enjoy the same brew.
Chamomile Rose Silver Needle White Tea, 2017
Brisk and refreshing, with a rich floral fragrance and strong sweet finish
Chasen Kusenaoshi Matcha Whisk Holder
A Kusenaoshi is used for drying and for storing Chasen, matcha whisk. It helps to maintain the proper shape of Chasen and protects the fine tines from breakage.