Lapsang Souchong is the forefather of all the black teas. This organic Lapsang Souchong is handmade by a very experienced tea master, Mr. Wen, who is very strict about using only the traditional methods of tea making. Making Lapsang Souchong requires at least twenty procedures followed by withering, rolling, fermenting and other traditional crafting techniques.
All of this is done in a traditional building with several floors. On the first floor, there is a large fireplace where the pine wood is burning and the smoke that is rising up is used for frying the tea. Smoke from the pinewood gets absorbed by the tea leaves and the final product results in having a scent of smoky pine.
When brewing, with each subsequent infusion the flavor of the tea is slowly fading, but the smoky flavor stays present in each cup until the very end.
• Place of Origin: Tong Mu Guan (桐木关), Wuyi Mountain, Fujian Province, China
• Tea Garden: Tongmu Organic Tea Garden
• Tea Type: Black tea
• Harvest Time: April 25, 2016
• Plucking Standard: One bud and two or three leaves
• Dry Tea: Tightly twisted strip, glossy black in color with some golden tips
• Aroma: Remarkable and strong, but not overwhelming
• Liquor: Bright orange-yellow
• Taste: Notes of smoky pine flavor. The taste is soft, mellow, with a sweet aftertaste; leaving a very pleasant fragrant smell lingering in the mouth and throat
• Tea Bush: Wuyi Qi Cong Cultivar
• Caffeine: Medium (less than 40% of a cup of coffee)
• Shelf Life: 3 years
195℉ / 90℃
5gr rinse. Then 7 infusions:
10sec + 5sec each additional time