Cha Dao translates to "teaism" or "the way of tea". This term is used in reference to a tea culture that cultivates particular aesthetics. It describes a sense of focus and concentration while making and tasting tea.
We use this term to describe a set of tea tools that are essential to the Chinese Tea Ceremony — gong fu cha.
This beautiful emerald Gong Fu Tool Set depicts white cranes, symbolizing peace and longevity in Chinese culture. Throughout imperial times, cranes have been depicted on the robes of officials to represent their rank.
The set includes the following tools:
- A ceramic tea utensil holder
- Tea scoop to place the tea leaves in the brewing pot, without imparting finger oils on them.
- A funnel that helps place the tea leaves into a teapot without losing or damaging any leaves.
- Tongs that lift the drinking cups when they are too hot to hold. They also help prevent oils from the tea master's fingers from interposing with the taste of tea.
- A tea brush to help clean tea leaf scraps, push extra water down the drain of the tea table. IT can also be used for seasoning Yixing teaware and tea pets.
- A needle that helps remove tea leaves that may have gotten caught in the spout of the teapot.
Material: Ceramic, Bamboo Wood.
NOTE: Each piece's glaze is unique. The actual colors and patterns may differ from the ones in the photos.
NOTE: Teaware easily absorbs taste and aromas and should never be washed using detergents.