This pu-erh comes from the Tuanjie Dazhai tea garden, located in Cangyuan, 1800 meters above sea level. The weather conditions at this farm are mild and humid. The garden is surrounded by mountain peaks and is shrouded in clouds all year round. As a result, the astringent substance in the tea leaves is reduced, and the tea becomes sweeter. Meanwhile, frequent rainfalls bring better color and luster to the tea leaves.
The fresh leaves of this tea are picked in spring after which the tea goes through fermentation and refining. It takes about 90 days to finish the processing of this tea.
As a result, the brewed tea has a mellow and smooth taste with a hint of sweet fragrance. It is shaped into small tea cakes and comes in a single-serving size that is convenient to use.
• Place of Origin: Cangyuan County, Lincang City, Yunnan Province, China
• Tea Garden: Tuanjie Dazhai Tea Base
• Tea Type: Ripe Pu-erh tea
• Harvest Date: Spring, 2015
• Plucking Standard: One bud with two leaves
• Dry Tea: Compact shape & rounded edges, pressed into the form of a bird's nest
• Aroma: Unique "Cangyuan" flavor
Liquor: Dark reddish-brown color
• Taste: Mellow and smooth, with a touch of sweetness
• Tea Bush: Yunnan large-leaf tea bush
• Caffeine: Low (less than 10% of a cup of coffee)
• Shelf Life: Gets better with age
210℉ / 99℃
1pc rinse. Then 9 infusions:
10sec + 5sec
for each subsequent infusion