"Clouds & Mist" Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THIS TEA IS SOLD OUT.
WE ARE SORRY TO ANNOUNCE THAT DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, WE ARE EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES RECEIVING REPLENISHMENTS FROM CHINA.
THEREFORE, ONCE AN ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK IT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE SITUATION WITH DELIVERIES IMPROVES.
ONCE THE SITUATION WILL IMPROVE WE WILL RESUME SOURCING TEAS & TEAWARE FROM CHINA, SO KEEP CHECKING ON THE AVAILABILITY AND SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO STAY INFORMED (link is at the bottom of the page)!
A young monk asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Sensei, why does the Cloud Tea from Lu Shan have such an exquisite taste?
– The secret lies in its name: it grows on top of Lu Mountain, covered from harsh sun rays by the clouds and mist from nearby rivers and lakes. The seeds of this tea were planted by Buddhist monks hundreds of years ago. It’s no wonder that its mellow and long lasting flavor is comparable to the flavor of Buddhism itself.
Well-known throughout China for its breathtaking scenery, Jiangxi Province is also the home of Yun Wu (Cloud Tea) green tea. The bounty of rivers and lakes in the area create clouds and mist – the perfect weather conditions for green tea growing.
The Lu Mountains have a long tea history which can be traced back to the Han Dynasty. Hui Yuan, the famous Buddhist monk who lived on Lu Shan Mountains, is known for planting the seeds of tea trees along with planting the seeds of Buddhism.
Moistened by the high mountain clouds and mist, Lu Shan Yun Wu tea is one of our most graceful green teas. It is characterized by the rich aroma and mellow, long-lasting flavor. The leaves of Lu Shan Yun Wu curl into small spirals due to the unique rolling process during which the leaves are placed in a rounded bamboo basket and then get rolled by hand into strips.
- Place of Origin: Lushan, Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province, China
- Harvest Date: April 10, 2019
- Dry Leaf: Tender buds and leaves with tightly curled shape, glossy jade color
- Aroma: Floral, chestnut, stir-fried bean aroma
- Taste: Refreshing and brisk, sweet and mellow taste with a long-lasting fragrance
- Caffeine: Low