"Sweet Ginseng" Lan Gui Ren Oolong Tea (Taiwan)
A young monk came to the wise tea master Lao Cha and asked him:
– Sensei, I get sick so often and even when I’m not sick I feel too weak to get up and go down the mountain. What should I do, how can I improve my health?
– You should drink ginseng, young man.
– But ginseng is so bitter, oh master!
– Then roast it together with Oolong, and you will get a wonderful, healthy and sweet Oolong as a result. Now go and try it.
Ginseng is a popular medicinal herb throughout Asia, known to improve blood circulation and immunity. It is often used in Chinese medicine, however, ginseng is much more intense and slightly bitter when drunk on its own.
When producing Ginseng Oolong, the ginseng gets blended together with the oolong during the roasting process. After being roasted for 6 hours, this tea starts to possess a strong oolong aroma in perfect balance with the sweet and mellow ginseng flavor. What makes this Ginseng Oolong special is the long-lingering sweetness that lasts on the palate of the connoisseur. The natural sweetness of the tea, in perfect harmony with the health benefits, makes it a perfect choice for people of any age, including kids.
- Place of Origin: Dongding, Lugu Township, Nantou County, Taiwan
- Harvest Date: May 2018
- Dry Leaf: Rolled into tight balls, coated with American Ginseng powder (Lan Gui Ren)
- Aroma: Fresh and floral fragrance, subtle ginseng aroma
- Taste: Fresh and sweet taste that is lingering for a very long time
- Tea Bush: C.sinensis cv. Si Ji Chun
- Caffeine Level: Medium
How to brew loose leaf tea, Gong Fu style:
We Also Recommend
"Golden Horse" Menghai Ripe Chen Pi Pu-erh, 2012
Scent of tangerine mixed with the mellow taste of pu-erh
Pu-erh Tea Sample Pack
Pu-erh is considered the “champagne of the tea world”. Being fully oxidized, pu-erh tea has significant health benefits, especially for weight loss. Also, Pu-erh is a real energy booster and is the best substitute for coffee. Try our 2 Raw and 3 Ripe Pu-erhs to determine which one suits your taste the most
Award Winning Dragon Pearls Jasmine Green Tea
Bold and sweet tea with a subtle jasmine aroma
"Frozen Summit" Dong Ding Oolong Tea. Medium Roast. (Taiwan)
Sweet, roasted taste with fruity notes. Slight caramel and honey finish. Oatmeal cookie aroma.