Imperial Keemun Black Tea
A young monk asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Sensei, what tea is worthy of the Emperor of All under Heaven?
– Tea that is indeed worthy of the Emperor is Keemun Red Tea. Only one bud with one leaf is picked for this tea that gives it such a mellow and rich taste, with an exquisite flowery aroma.
The fresh leaves of this tea grow at an average elevation of 800 m above sea level. To produce this tea only one bud with one leaf (which just starts to open up, called Chu Zhan "初展") is hand-plucked. These fresh leaves are loaded with nutrients, while the processed dry leaves look neat and bold, having tiny golden tips. There is a sweet, mellow taste, which creates a pleasant smooth sensation on the palate. At first, you might sense a roasted sweet potato flavor mixed with a somewhat flowery aroma. Further on it becomes very mellow. Lastly, the third infusion‘s sweet and fragrant aftertaste will give you plenty of enjoyment.
With its unique Keemun fragrance (祁门香) and sweet, soft taste, Keemun Imperial tea is revered as the noble type of Chinese black tea.
• Place of Origin: Qimen, Huangshan, Anhui, China
• Harvest Date: April 2019
• Dry Leaf: The black leaves are curly, wiry and twisted, with a high amount of tiny golden tips
• Aroma: Roasted sweet potato mixed with a flowery aroma
• Taste: Smooth and soft, with a rich aroma of roasted sweet potato
• Tea Species: Keemun Zhuye
• Caffeine level: Medium
How to brew loose leaf tea, Western Method:
185℉ / 85℃
6g Rinse. Then 10sec + 5sec for each subsequent infusion
We Also Recommend
Assorted Ceramic Cups
The blue and white 60ml ceramic teacups portray images of daily life, including flowers, animals, and landscapes. This style originated in China and was later adapted by Japanese potters.
Assorted Hand-painted Yunomi Tea Cups
Yunomi is the most popular type of Japanese teacups. They are used when enjoying tea alone or with friends, in an informal setting. The tranquil images of our handmade 95ml Yunomi Teacups are just right for enjoying a cup of warm tea while contemplating life.
Award Winning "Golden Buds" Jasmine Black Tea
Rich, sweet and mellow tea with nicely balanced fresh jasmine aroma
Award Winning "Red Tip" Yunnan Dian Hong Black Tea
Silky with hints of chocolate and sweet potatoes aroma