"Frozen Summit" Dong Ding Oolong Tea. Medium Roast. (Taiwan)
The Emperor of All under Heaven once asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Tell me, what happened to the seed of the tea tree from the famous Wuyi Mountain that we sent to Taiwan almost two hundred years ago?
– It did very well, your majesty. It was planted in the dense forest, on the frozen summit of Dong Ding Mountain, 1000 meters above sea level. There it acquired its unmistakable fruity, honey, and caramel-like taste. When you drink this tea, you’ll feel like you are eating a cookie.
One of the most acclaimed teas of Taiwan is Dong Ding Oolong. The tea plant was originally brought from the Wuyi Mountains in the Fujian Province, mainland China, at the end of the 19th century, and was replanted on the Dong Ding Mountain in Taiwan.
Dong Ding means "Frozen Summit". The tea is planted at the altitude of 1000 meters. The tea garden gets plenty of sunshine in the mornings but is completely covered by fog in the afternoons. High altitude, dense forest, and good soil create favorable growing conditions for the tea trees. All of the above factors result in the strong, easily recognizable flavor and the sweet aftertaste of the Dong Ding Oolong Tea.
- Place of Origin: Dongding, Lugu Township, Nantou County, Taiwan
- Harvest Date: October 2018
- Dry Leaf: Tightly rolled semi-ball shape
- Aroma: Roasted, oatmeal cookie aroma
- Taste: Sweet, roasted taste with fruity notes. Slight caramel and honey finish.
- Tea Bush: C.sinensis cv.Qingxin (Chin Shin Oolong)
- Caffeine: Low
210℉ / 99℃
How to brew loose leaf tea, Gong Fu style:
We Also Recommend
"Golden Horse" Menghai Ripe Chen Pi Pu-erh, 2012
Scent of tangerine mixed with the mellow taste of pu-erh
Pu-erh Tea Sample Pack
Pu-erh is considered the “champagne of the tea world”. Being fully oxidized, pu-erh tea has significant health benefits, especially for weight loss. Also, Pu-erh is a real energy booster and is the best substitute for coffee. Try our 2 Raw and 3 Ripe Pu-erhs to determine which one suits your taste the most
Award Winning Dragon Pearls Jasmine Green Tea
Bold and sweet tea with a subtle jasmine aroma
Dark Forest Herbal Tea
A delicious mix of hibiscus, apple, grapes and peppermint