The Emperor of All under Heaven once summoned the wise tea master Lao Cha and told him:
– Tea Master, you know how much I enjoy White Tea. But sometimes I want to try something new, something unusual, something that will be tasty and at the same time will entertain my guests. Go and come up with a tea that will make me happy.
The Wise Tea Master left the court and came back later with White Tea that was nestled inside of a dried peel of a tangerine. The sweet taste of tea nicely mixed with the gentle sourness of tangerine and all the guests were in awe. The Emperor of All under Heaven was very pleased.
This ball-shaped white tea is wrapped in a piece of white cotton paper. When ripping off the wrapping paper, you will get a sweet orange aroma. The orange peel ball has been split into two parts with a circular incision. The upper part is the “lid” and the lower part is the “body”, acting as a container, stuffed with dry white tea leaves. Tea leaves are highly absorbent and can adopt an odor from anything they come in contact with. So, by putting dried leaves inside the peel of a tangerine, we can create a new flavor of tea that is slightly sweet and has a tasty orange aroma.
• Place of Origin: Hulin, Fuding, Fujian
• Harvest time: June 2010
• Dry Leaf: Ball-shaped, the peel is dried and crisp; tea leaves are tightly twisted, sturdy, and covered with silvery fuzz.
Tangerine peel scent mixed with white tea aroma
• Taste: Sweet and mild in taste, followed by a thirst-quenching feeling
• Tree Species: Fudin Dahaocha
• Caffeine Level: Low
• Shelf Life: Can be stored for a long time
How to brew loose leaf tea, Western Method:
How to brew loose leaf tea, GongFu style: