Yixing Clay Teapot Gong Fu set, ZiSha
If you want to brew your Chinese tea the right way then do it the way of Gong Fu.
Gong Fu translates as ‘right effort’. Thus, Gong Fu Cha refers to the effort put forth to get the best flavor from a tea.
In many ways, the resulting cup is like an espresso. By contrast, western brewing methods create something like a big cup of coffee, or as they call it in Europe – ‘americano’.
When using a small infuser, tea is brewed in concentrated quantities, allowing for full extraction of the tea's qualities. Hot water can be added to the same tea leaves many times, sometimes up to 13 times with superior quality teas. Each infusion is tested independently to observe changes in flavor. In this way, tea drinkers can appreciate the many qualities of the tea. This method also maximizes the quantity of brewed tea from each serving of leaves.
What is in the set:
For the full Gong Fu Cha experience, make sure to have the following items:
- Cha Hai / Gong Dao Bei – 'bowl of impartiality'
- Tea Filter – helps to get a cup of clear and bright tea
NOTE: Avoid using detergents when cleaning.
We Also Recommend
Award Winning "Golden Buds" Jasmine Black Tea
• Taste: sweet & mellow • Aroma: fresh jasmine • Mouthfeel: smooth & silky
Award Winning "Red Tip" Yunnan Dian Hong Black Tea
• Taste: chocolate & sweet potato • Aroma: floral & sweet potato • Mouthfeel: smooth & silky
Award Winning Ali Shan Milk Oolong Tea (Taiwan)
• Taste: smooth, sweet & floral • Aroma: gardenia & milk • Mouthfeel: creamy & smooth
Award Winning Dragon Pearls Jasmine Green Tea
• Taste: fresh, sweet & floral • Aroma: fresh jasmine • Mouthfeel: bold & rounded