Organic Mini Tuocha Ripe Pu-erh Tea, 2015
A young monk asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Sensei, is there a tea that would be convenient to carry while traveling, easy to brew and hard to spoil? Something that would keep me going when I’m tired, warm me up when I’m cold and cheer me up when I’m feeling homesick.
– Yes, there is such tea. It is Mini Tuocha Ripe Pu-erh. Its taste is nice and mellow, woody and sweet. It is easy to brew and hard to damage. It will fit into your pocket, and it will be ready to jump into your pot whenever you need it. Have it with you wherever you go and it will never let you down.
This pu-erh comes from the Tuanjie Dazhai tea garden, located in Cangyuan, 1800 meters above sea level. The weather conditions at this farm are mild and humid. The garden is surrounded by mountain peaks and is shrouded in clouds all year round. As a result, the astringent substance in the tea leaves is reduced, and the tea becomes sweeter. Meanwhile, frequent rainfalls bring better color and luster to the tea leaves.
The fresh leaves of this tea are picked in spring after which the tea goes through fermentation and refining. It takes about 90 days to finish the processing of this tea.
As a result, the brewed tea has a mellow and smooth taste with a hint of sweet fragrance. It is shaped into small tea cakes and comes in a single-serving size that is convenient to use.
• Harvest Date: May 2015
• Plucking Standard: One bud with two leaves
• Dry Leaf: Compact shape & rounded edges, pressed into the form of a bird's nest
• Aroma: Unique "Cangyuan" fragrance
• Tea Bush: Yunnan large-leaf tea bush
• Caffeine Level: Moderate
How to brew loose leaf tea, Western Method:
210℉ / 99℃
1pc Rinse. Then 10sec + 5sec for each subsequent infusion
We Also Recommend
"Thirsty Elephant" Cha Dao Wooden Tea Utensils Set
This handmade tea utensils set is a must for a GongFu tea ceremony. In China, elephants represent good luck, harmony, and happiness.
"Tree of Life" Tea Tray (ChaBan)
Tea tray, Chaban, is an integral part of GongFu Tea Ceremony. It is built to collect water and tea that gets spilled during washing, steeping and pouring. This state of the art tea table is hand carved from pine wood.
"Yellow Goddess" Huang Guan Yin Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea
Roasted, multilayered, sweet and mineral, with distinct orchid aroma. A good representative of Wuyi Mountain Rock Tea
"Yellow Mountain" Huang Shan Mao Feng Green Tea
Refreshing sweet and mellow taste with hints of chestnut and light floral aroma