"Sweet Ginseng" Lan Gui Ren Oolong Tea (Taiwan)
A young monk came to the wise tea master Lao Cha and asked him:
– Sensei, I get sick so often and even when I’m not sick I feel too weak to get up and go down the mountain. What should I do, how can I improve my health?
– You should drink ginseng, young man.
– But ginseng is so bitter, oh master!
– Then roast it together with Oolong, and you will get a wonderful, healthy and sweet Oolong as a result. Now go and try it.
Ginseng is a popular medicinal herb throughout Asia, known to improve blood circulation and immunity. It is often used in Chinese medicine, however, ginseng is much more intense and slightly bitter when drunk on its own.
When producing Ginseng Oolong, the ginseng gets blended together with the oolong during the roasting process. After being roasted for 6 hours, this tea starts to possess a strong oolong aroma in perfect balance with the sweet and mellow ginseng flavor. What makes this Ginseng Oolong special is the long-lingering sweetness that lasts on the palate of the connoisseur. The natural sweetness of the tea, in perfect harmony with the health benefits, makes it a perfect choice for people of any age, including kids.
- Place of Origin: Dongding, Lugu Township, Nantou County, Taiwan
- Harvest Date: May 2018
- Dry Leaf: Rolled into tight balls, coated with American Ginseng powder (Lan Gui Ren)
- Aroma: Fresh and floral fragrance, subtle ginseng aroma
- Taste: Fresh and sweet taste that is lingering for a very long time
- Tea Bush: C.sinensis cv. Si Ji Chun
- Caffeine Level: Medium
How to brew loose leaf tea, Gong Fu style:
We Also Recommend
"Honey Orchid" Mi Lan Xiang Dan Cong Oolong Tea
Prominent honey and orchid aroma with light and sweet floral taste.
"Melon Seeds" Liu An Gua Pian Green Tea (ALMOST SOLD OUT)
Vegetal, yet distinctively sweet taste, overlaid with an almost smoky, spicy tang. Mellow and long-lasting sweet finish.
"Moonlight Dragon Ball" Yue Guang Bai White Pu-erh Tea
Very light, sweet and mellow taste, with a slight fragrance of honey and red dates
"Night-Blooming Jasmine" Ye Lai Xiang Dan Cong Oolong Tea
Smooth and mellow, with a lingering taste, milky aroma and long lasting soy milk finish
"Seafoam" Chawan Matcha Bowl
A deep and wide, 355ml chawan provides enough room for the chasen to effortlessly move back and forth to produce froth and dissolve the matcha powder. Its robust shape sits nicely in both hands. The sea foam-green lacquer with white accents summons images of ocean waves lightly passing over a sandy shore.