"Frozen Summit" Dong Ding Oolong Tea. Medium Roast. (Taiwan)
The Emperor of All under Heaven once asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Tell me, what happened to the seed of the tea tree from the famous Wuyi Mountain that we sent to Taiwan almost two hundred years ago?
– It did very well, your majesty. It was planted in the dense forest, on the frozen summit of Dong Ding Mountain, 1000 meters above sea level. There it acquired its unmistakable fruity, honey, and caramel-like taste. When you drink this tea, you’ll feel like you are eating a cookie.
One of the most acclaimed teas of Taiwan is Dong Ding Oolong. The tea plant was originally brought from the Wuyi Mountains in the Fujian Province, mainland China, at the end of the 19th century, and was replanted on the Dong Ding Mountain in Taiwan.
Dong Ding means "Frozen Summit". The tea is planted at an altitude of 1000 meters. The tea garden gets plenty of sunshine in the mornings but is completely covered by fog in the afternoons. High altitude, dense forest, and good soil create favorable growing conditions for the tea trees. All of the above factors result in the strong, easily recognizable flavor and the sweet aftertaste of the Dong Ding Oolong Tea.
- Place of Origin: Dongding, Lugu Township, Nantou County, Taiwan
- Harvest Date: May 2019
- Dry Leaf: Tightly rolled semi-ball shape
- Aroma: Roasted, oatmeal cookie aroma
- Taste: Sweet, roasted taste with fruity notes. Slight caramel and honey finish.
- Tea Bush: C.sinensis cv.Qingxin (Chin Shin Oolong)
- Caffeine: Low
200℉ / 95℃
How to brew loose leaf tea, Gong Fu style:
We Also Recommend
Assorted Hand-painted Yunomi Tea Cups
Yunomi is the most popular type of Japanese teacups. They are used when enjoying tea alone or with friends, in an informal setting. The tranquil images of our handmade 95ml Yunomi Teacups are just right for enjoying a cup of warm tea while contemplating life.
Award Winning "Golden Buds" Jasmine Black Tea
Rich, sweet and mellow tea with nicely balanced fresh jasmine aroma
Award Winning "Red Tip" Yunnan Dian Hong Black Tea
Silky with hints of chocolate and sweet potatoes aroma
Award Winning Ali Shan Milk Oolong Tea (Taiwan)
Light fragrance of gardenia and milk with a long-lasting sweet finish