"Frozen Summit" Dong Ding Oolong Tea. Medium Roast. (Taiwan)
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THIS TEA IS SOLD OUT.
WE ARE SORRY TO ANNOUNCE THAT DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, WE ARE EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES RECEIVING REPLENISHMENTS, ESPECIALLY FROM CHINA.
ONCE THE SITUATION WILL IMPROVE WE WILL RESUME SOURCING TEAS & TEAWARE, SO KEEP CHECKING ON THE AVAILABILITY AND SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO STAY INFORMED (link is at the bottom of the page)!
The Emperor of All under Heaven once asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Tell me, what happened to the seed of the tea tree from the famous Wuyi Mountain that we sent to Taiwan almost two hundred years ago?
– It did very well, your majesty. It was planted in the dense forest, on the frozen summit of Dong Ding Mountain, 1000 meters above sea level. There it acquired its unmistakable fruity, honey, and caramel-like taste. When you drink this tea, you’ll feel like you are eating a cookie.
One of the most acclaimed teas of Taiwan is Dong Ding Oolong. The tea plant was originally brought from the Wuyi Mountains in the Fujian Province, mainland China, at the end of the 19th century, and was replanted on the Dong Ding Mountain in Taiwan.
Dong Ding means "Frozen Summit". The tea is planted at an altitude of 1000 meters. The tea garden gets plenty of sunshine in the mornings but is completely covered by fog in the afternoons. High altitude, dense forest, and good soil create favorable growing conditions for the tea trees. All of the above factors result in the strong, easily recognizable flavor and the sweet aftertaste of the Dong Ding Oolong Tea.
- Place of Origin: Dongding, Lugu Township, Nantou County, Taiwan
- Harvest Date: May 2019
- Dry Leaf: Tightly rolled semi-ball shape
- Aroma: Roasted, oatmeal cookie aroma
- Taste: Sweet, roasted taste with fruity notes. Slight caramel and honey finish.
- Tea Bush: C.sinensis cv.Qingxin (Chin Shin Oolong)
- Caffeine: Low
200℉ / 95℃
How to brew loose leaf tea, Gong Fu style: