A young monk asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Oh my, Teacher, what is this great tea that we are drinking?!
– It’s the father of all the Red Teas – Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong. This tea comes from the famous Wuyi Mountain in Fujian, where it grows wild, covered from the harsh sun by rich forest and year-round mist. Pay respect to its rich history while enjoying its sweet taste and longans’ aroma.
Lapsang Souchong, also known as Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong, is the oldest black tea in the world. However, it differs greatly from our Organic Smoky Lapsang Souchong black tea. Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong wild black tea is not smoky at all, but instead possesses a unique sweetness and depth of flavor like no other.
Growing wild in the original birthplace of black tea - the Wuyi mountains, the tea bushes enjoy year-round rich forests, heavy mist, and the freshest mountain water.
Our Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong wild black tea is unique in that it holds a strong aroma of dried longans. The brew is continuously smooth, without the slightest hint of astringency. We are truly proud to carry this rare and remarkable tea. A sip alone is sure to leave a strong impression on any connoisseur.
- Place of Origin: Tong Mu Guan, Wuyi Mountain (elevation ~1300m), Fujian Province, China
- Harvest Time: April 2021
- Plucking Standard: One bud and two leaves
- Dry Leaf: Leaves are thick, robust, tightly rolled strips
- Aroma: Pleasant longan aroma
- Taste: Strong flavor of honey and caramel with hints of sweet potato and rich mouthfeel
- Cultivar: Wild Cai Cha