Organic Ceremonial Grade Matcha (PRE-ORDER)
THIS ITEM IS NOW OPEN FOR PRE-ORDERS
(DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT)
IT MAY TAKE 2-3 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY
A young monk came to the wise tea master Lao Cha and asked him:
– Sensei, every time I sit down to meditate I’m falling asleep. But if I drink coffee, I get restless. Spending my days studying I feel that I’m lacking vitamins and energy and it becomes harder and harder for me to concentrate on Buddha’s teachings.
– Your problem is easy to resolve, young man. Your answer is Matcha. It is the healthiest tea of all. We call it “a miracle in a cup”. Just drink it and you’ll see.
Our top grade organic ceremonial matcha is made from the most tender, hand-picked young leaves from the springtime harvest of Kanayamidori, Okumidori and Asanoka cultivars, produced by a family farm in Kakegawa region of southwestern Shizuoka, Japan.
The farms are located on verdant mountain slopes. The steep terrain prevents the use of machinery, so all leaves are tended to and harvested by hand. This allows the farmers to get close and personal with their tea plants – a very important factor in producing high-quality tea leaves.
Our ceremonial grade matcha has a smooth texture, as well as a savory umami flavor, which makes it an ideal choice for indulging in relaxation. We recommend you to prepare ceremonial grade matcha in the traditional ceremonial manner called cha no yu, using a chawan and a bamboo tea whisk.
- Using a small sifter sift into a matcha bowl (chawan) few bamboo scoops (chashaku) of matcha. We recommend using about 3 scoops per 3.5fl oz / 100ml.
- Start slowly adding water of about 175-185ºF / 80-85ºC
- Using a chasen (the whisk) whisk vigorously in a zigzag (but not circular) motion. Do not scratch the bottom of the chawan. Keep whisking until all the powder is dissolved and the tea is frothy. To achieve a better result, keep turning the chawan counterclockwise while whisking.
How to make Matcha:
We Also Recommend
Assorted Hand-painted Yunomi Tea Cups
Yunomi is the most popular type of Japanese teacups. They are used when enjoying tea alone or with friends, in an informal setting. The tranquil images of our handmade 95ml Yunomi Teacups are just right for enjoying a cup of warm tea while contemplating life.
Award Winning "Golden Buds" Jasmine Black Tea
Rich, sweet and mellow tea with nicely balanced fresh jasmine aroma
Award Winning "Red Tip" Yunnan Dian Hong Black Tea
Silky with hints of chocolate and sweet potatoes aroma
Award Winning Ali Shan Milk Oolong Tea (Taiwan) (ALMOST SOLD OUT)
Light fragrance of gardenia and milk with a long-lasting sweet finish