Gong Fu Lychee Black Tea
A young monk asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Sensei, I love sweets and fruits. But doctors told me that I can’t have them if I want to take care of my health. What to do? How can I satisfy my cravings, yet stay healthy?
– Have some Lychee Red Tea.
Lychee is a small sweet fruit found in tropical Asian and Indian climates. In order to make Lychee black tea, both fresh and dried lychee are smoked at low temperatures for a fair duration of time. Gong Fu black tea leaves are incorporated during this process for the absorption of the mellow aroma and full natural sweetness remnants of the adjacent Lychee.
The tea garden at which this black tea growing is located in the famous mountains of Fujian Province of China, about 600 meters above the sea level. The surrounding camel-hump knolls and thick forestry help supply a unique ecology of cloud and mist regularly. This serves to enrich the quality of tea in the region.
The sugary addition of Lychee provides some specialty in its pairing with a fermented black counterpart. It can be brewed with lemon or rose for added complexity and adaptation. It also makes a great iced tea and is popular in Taiwan for making famous bubble tea drinks.
- Place of Origin: Black Tea - Panxi Town, Fuding, Fujian Province, China | Lychee - Qingyuan, Guandong Province, China
- Harvest Date: June 2019
- Dry Leaf: Even in shape and jet black in color
- Aroma: Strong lychee aroma
- Taste: Strong lychee flavor. Taste is smooth, sweet and mellow
- Tea Species: Fuding Cai Cha
- Fermentation: Fully fermented
- Caffeine level: Low
195℉ / 90℃
6g Rinse. Then 10sec + 5sec for each subsequent infusion
We Also Recommend
Each coaster, hand-cut from a single piece of wood, is unique and like no other. Having one in the house will fill the atmosphere with the calming feel of nature.
Dark Forest Herbal Tea
A delicious mix of hibiscus, apple, grapes and peppermint
Dark Oolong Tea Sample Pack (PRE-ORDER)
Dark oolongs typically undergo a longer roast compared to light oolongs and are known for their rich, toasty flavors. When drinking a dark oolong, the palate will be greeted with a strong sensation similar to that of drinking dark liquor, and slowly mellowed out by the long-lasting honey-sweetness.
Double Walled Glass Teacup
This 50ml clear glass teacup is great for enjoying the color of the tea, while the double walls protect your hands from the heat.