A young monk came to the wise tea master Lao Cha and asked him:
– Sensei, I get sick so often, and even when I’m not sick I feel too weak to get up and go down the mountain. What should I do, how can I improve my health?
– You should drink ginseng, young man.
– But ginseng is so bitter, oh master!
– Then roast it together with Oolong, and you will get a wonderful, healthy, and sweet Oolong as a result. Now go and try it.
Ginseng is a popular medicinal herb throughout Asia, known to improve blood circulation and immunity. It is often used in Chinese medicine, however, ginseng is much more intense and slightly bitter when drunk on its own.
When producing Ginseng Oolong, the ginseng gets blended together with the oolong during the roasting process. After being roasted for 6 hours, this tea starts to possess a strong oolong aroma in perfect balance with the sweet and mellow ginseng flavor.
What makes this Ginseng Oolong special is the long-lingering sweetness that lasts on the palate of the connoisseur. The natural sweetness of the tea, in perfect harmony with the health benefits, makes it a perfect choice for people of any age, including kids. Furthermore, this ginseng tea has strong energy – Qi. When drunk in the early afternoon it may help you stay focussed and clear-headed throughout the day.
- Place of Origin: Dongding, Lugu Township, Nantou County, Taiwan
- Harvest Date: May 2021
- Dry Leaf: Rolled into tight balls, coated with American Ginseng powder (Lan Gui Ren)
- Aroma: Fresh and floral fragrance, subtle ginseng aroma
- Taste: Fresh and sweet taste that is lingering for a very long time
- Tea Bush: Si Ji Chun
210℉ / 99℃
5g per 500ml 3-5min
5g per 110ml 10sec + 5sec for each subsequent infusion