A young monk asked the wise tea master Lao Cha:
– Sensei, what tea is capable of cooling one down during the hot summer days, and warm one up during the cold nights in the mountains?
– It’s Bai Mu Dan White Tea. This tea is healthy and its mellow. The slightly sweet taste makes it easy to enjoy.
The Organic White Peony (Bai MuDan) tea was harvested in April of 2016 and is made of organic Fuding Dabai tea leaves, which grow at around 800 meters elevation. After one year of aging, the grassy aroma from the fresh tea is fading and begins to emit a delicate fragrance. After brewing, the tea is light and clear, with a soy milk aroma. Refreshing and mellow.
• Place of Origin: Mt. Taimu, Fuding, Fujian Province, China
• Harvest Time: April 30, 2016
• Plucking Standard: One bud and one leaf, and one bud with two leaves
• Dry Leaf: Straight tea buds covered in white hairs; tea leaves with grey-green or dark green color
• Aroma: Pekoe and a delicate fragrance
• Taste: Fresh, mellow and slightly sweet
• Tea Bush: Fuding Dahao
• Caffeine level: Low
• Shelf life: Gets better with age
How to brew loose leaf tea, Western Method:
185℉ / 85℃
7g Rinse. Then 10sec + 5sec
for each subsequent infusion
How to brew loose leaf tea, GongFu style: