Porcelain Gaiwan with Handwritten Calligraphy Gong Fu set
If you want to brew your Chinese tea the right way, then try Gong Fu Cha, the Chinese tea ceremony.
The resulting cup of tea is comparable to a cup of espresso. On the other hand, western brewing creates something similar to a big cup of coffee, or as it's called in Europe – ‘americano’.
When using a gaiwan, tea is brewed in concentrated quantities. This allows for the full extraction of all the tea's best qualities. Hot water can be added to the same tea leaves up to 13 times with superior quality teas. Each infusion offers us a slightly different taste and aroma. Tea drinkers can appreciate the gradual transformation of the tea.
Porcelain is the top choice when drinking light teas like light oolongs, green tea, white tea, and yellow tea. Instead of absorbing, porcelain highlights the subtle notes of the gentle yet aromatic lighter teas. Against the white background, the lighter tea liquor and beautiful unfurling tea leaves are a pleasant sight.
What is in the set:
For the full Gong Fu Cha experience, make sure to have the following items:
- Cha Hai / Gong Dao Bei – 'bowl of impartiality'
- Tea Filter – helps to get a cup of clear and bright tea
NOTE: Avoid using detergents when cleaning.
We Also Recommend
Award Winning "Golden Buds" Jasmine Black Tea
• Taste: sweet & mellow • Aroma: fresh jasmine • Mouthfeel: smooth & silky
Award Winning "Red Tip" Yunnan Dian Hong Black Tea
• Taste: chocolate & sweet potato • Aroma: floral & sweet potato • Mouthfeel: smooth & silky
Award Winning Ali Shan Milk Oolong Tea (Taiwan)
• Taste: smooth, sweet & floral • Aroma: gardenia & milk • Mouthfeel: creamy & smooth
Award Winning Dragon Pearls Jasmine Green Tea
• Taste: fresh, sweet & floral • Aroma: fresh jasmine • Mouthfeel: bold & rounded