"Yellow Mountain" Huang Shan Mao Feng Green Tea (ALMOST SOLD OUT)
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THIS TEA IS ALMOST SOLD OUT.
Long ago the wise tea master Lao Cha was on his pilgrimage through the high terrains of Anhui's Yellow Mountains. With him, he had some tea seeds which he would carefully drop every now and then...
Years later a young monk was on the same pilgrimage. Tired and cold, he found some forgotten tea bushes and decided to make some quick tea. The monk was astounded — the tea was much sweeter than anything he's ever tried! He hurried down to share Yellow Mountain Green Tea with the rest.
Our Huang Shan Mao Feng Green Tea grows high up in the Huang Shan (Yellow) Mountains of Anhui province, China. These tea bushes are unique because they grow wildly, with no tea bush being the same.
The farmers must skillfully navigate the tall mountains and hand-pick the tea leaves using traditional methods to not harm the native tea bushes. The picked leaves are pointy like the mountains and covered with soft white fuzz.
The result — an incredibly sweet, fresh green tea void of any bitterness. For fans of a good Long Jing Green Tea, we surely recommend trying our "Yellow Mountain" Green Tea.
- Place of Origin: Daguyun Village, Haung Shan, Anhui Province, China
- Harvest Date: April 2019
- Tea Bush: Huang Shan large-leaf tea bush
- Dry Leaf: pointy tea leaves, covered in abundant white fuzz
- Aroma: Chestnut, stir-fried beans, floral
- Taste: long-lasting sweetness, zero astringency, smooth and refreshing
- Caffeine: Low
We Also Recommend
"Honey Orchid" Mi Lan Xiang Dan Cong Oolong Tea
• Taste: sweet, sharp & floral • Aroma: honey & orchid • Mouthfeel: pleasantly astringent
"Kopi Luwak" Coffee (Bali)
Luwak Coffee comes from the Indonesian Island, Bali – an area well known for excellent coffee. Cute little animals known as Luawk eat the coffee beans and ferment them in their stomachs. "Kopi Luwak" Coffee is like no other with a rich flavor with hints of caramel and a delightful finish.
"Melon Seeds" Liu An Gua Pian Green Tea
• Taste: distinctively sweet & vegetal • Aroma: fresh vegetal aroma • Mouthfeel: brisk & smooth
"Moonlight Dragon Ball" Yue Guang Bai White Pu-erh Tea
• Taste: light, sweet, hints of dates • Aroma: honey & dates • Mouthfeel: smooth