Jin Xuan / Milk Oolong is a fine classic Taiwanese oolong. Its taste is light, creamy, and flowery. Its milky aroma is natural, unlike many so-called "milky oolongs" that are simply artificially flavored low-grade tea.
Contrary to myth, the buttery taste of Jin Xuan is not obtained through steeping or steaming the tea leaves in milk before roasting. Its unique taste is obtained by properly oxidizing and processing the tea that is grown at high altitudes of Taiwanese mountains.
The first three infusions of this tea will have a delicate milky scent, and for the following infusions the scent of milk will start gradually fading.
• Place of Origin: Ali Shan, Nantou, Taiwan
• Tea Type: Oolong tea
• Harvest Time: May 05, 2017
• Dry Tea: Evenly and tightly rolled tea leaves
Liquor: Pale yellow-gold
• Aroma: Natural unique milk and osmanthus
• Caffeine level: Low (less than 10% of a cup of coffee)
195℉ / 90℃
6gr rinse. Then 7 infusions:
10sec + 5sec each additional time