Da Hong Pao (Big Red Robe) from the Wuyi Mountains is always regarded as the famous Wuyi Rock tea and has a reputation of being the “King of Teas”. This Da Hong Pao is the perfect choice for people who want to discover for themselves Wuyi Rock tea.
Three times roasted using traditional wood charcoal, this tea is well rounded with floral and roast aromas. The taste of the tea changes with each infusion. Refreshing and sharp at the beginning, followed by mellow and thick, after which it acquires a slight bitterness and turns gentle and mild closer to the end. The yanyun charming rocky rhyme, which is favored by Wuyi Rock tea fans, is also well reflected in this tea.
With time Da Hong Pao could get richer, mellower and acquire a more complex taste.
• Place of Origin: Guanzhuang Village, Wuyi Mountain, Nanping, Fujian Province
• Tea Garden: Jiuzhou Tea Garden
• Tea Type: Oolong tea
• Harvest date: April 30, 2017
• Plucking Standard: One bud with three leaves
• Dry Tea: Thick and bold, glossy, evenly shaped strips
• Aroma: Roasted aroma with a delightful floral taste
Liquor: Bright orange-yellow
• Taste: Mellow and thick, with a slight floral sweetness and a distinctive yanyun “charming rocky rhyme”
• Tea Bush: C.sinensis cv. Dahongpao (Qi Dan variety)
• Caffeine: Low (less than 20% of a cup of coffee)
• Shelf Life: 2years
195℉ / 90℃
7gr rinse. Then 6 infusions:
10sec + 5sec each additional time