To properly indulge in your matcha, we recommend using this traditional Japanese Zen Matcha Set, which includes all necessary components for making a perfect bowl of frothy matcha. It can be used for preparing koi (heavy) or usui (light) matcha. Perfect for matcha lattes.
The Chawan of this Matcha Set has a big foot and metallic gloss — it finishes with a slightly rustic appeal. The polished white interior creates a stunning contrast for the grass-green matcha.
The set includes:
• Chawan (250ml, 13 x 6 cm) – a chawan (matcha bowl) is the ideal utensil for whisking your matcha powder. It provides a good amount of room for the chasen to move freely. This is necessary for producing the iconic froth and properly dissolving the matcha powder.) Its unique shape sits nicely in both hands.
• Chasen – this versatile bamboo whisk is used to prepare all types of matcha. Whisking is crucial to dissolve matcha and produce its characteristic froth properly. Whisk in a chawan for ideal results.
• Chasen Kusenaoshi – Matcha Whisk Holder
• Chashaku – an elegant bamboo tea scoop traditionally used to measure matcha powder for serving. A quintessential part of the Japanese tea ceremony (Cha no Yu). One scoop of matcha equals roughly 1 gram.
Care Instructions: Wipe with a clean cloth. Moisten cloth if necessary.
FOR ALL OF THE ITEMS ABOVE:
• Avoid the use of detergents