THIS YEAR'S EARLIEST HARVEST IS SOLD OUT.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER NOT TO MISS IT NEXT TIME! (link is at the bottom of the page)!
TILL NEXT SPRING!
In the middle of the Winter, a young monk studying under the Great Lao Cha got very sad.
– What's on your mind, young man? – asked Lao Cha
– I'm so tired of the Winter, Teacher. It's cold and gloomy. I have no energy, and my spirit is down. I can't wait for Spring already!
– I have a remedy for your spirit, young monk. Try this green tea.
– A green tea, Shifu?! Now?! But it's still Winter!
– On the banks of Liu Luo river, in Yunnan, it's already Spring, and farmers have already produced sweet and fresh tea. Drink up and see for yourself – the Spring is coming.
Harvested in the middle of January, we believe that this tea is the very first green tea harvest of 2022 in all of China, if not the world.
While it is still cold in the West, the Spring has already arrived in Yunnan. Our good friends, Mr.Young and Mr.Zhang, did not waste any time and produced this excellent tea, full of freshness and umami. Their high mountain (950m) tea garden is located on the Liuluo River, and this is the southmost tea garden in Yunnan. They used a firewood sha qing (杀青) method to halt the enzyme activity and stop further oxidation of the leaves. As a result, this tea came out pleasantly smoky, sweeter than other Yunnan's green teas, and with more umami.
Once sold out, this tea will not be replenished as it should be consumed fresh, just like Japanese Shincha.
Mr.Young and Mr.Zhang are two tea farming partners living in Pu'er, Yunnan. They are knowledgeable, creative, curious, and not shy of experimentation.
175℉ / 80℃
5g per 500ml 3-5min
5g per 120ml 5sec + 5sec for each subsequent infusion